Snorkel Gear Rentals and Boat Tours
Culebra Divers - Culebra, Puerto Rico
Stop by the shop, grab some snorkel gear, let us mark a map for you, and off you go to look for turtles or just have fun in the sun – we make it easy – no tour required and this is your BEST chance to see the turtles!
Had your fill of turtles and snorkeling off our easily accessible beaches and want to venture out farther? Book a guided snorkel tour on our boat to explore Luis Peña Island, Carlos Rosario Beach, or other remote areas.
If you are not a comfortable swimmer and/or do not have previous snorkeling experience, we do not recommend signing up for the boat tour. Instead, we encourage you to rent gear and let us mark a map for you for the best introductory experience.
Snorkel Gear Rentals - No Reservations Required
Renting gear and snorkeling off the beach is your BEST chance to see the turtles! Snorkel gear rental is available if you want to visit one or more of the popular shore areas like Melones (best for coral/fish life), Tamarindo (best for turtles/rays), or Punta Soldado. No reservations required, our snorkel gear rentals are priced based on a 24-hour period.
Culebra Divers Daily Snorkel Rental Rates
Tax Not Included. Credit Card Required.
Snorkel Boat Tours - Reservations Required
If you are not a comfortable swimmer and/or do not have previous snorkeling experience, we do not recommend signing up for the boat tour. Instead, we encourage you to rent gear and let us mark a map for you for the best introductory experience. You will be exiting the boat into deep water with typically no access to land. Our snorkel trips by boat allow you to explore some of the more remote areas around Culebra (e.g. Carlos Rosario or Luis Peña Island which is only accessible by boat).
The site(s) will be chosen according to weather and sea conditions. Our goal is to have you snorkel in calm protected water so you can fully enjoy watching the life on the busy reefs. On board we’ll have plenty of water and snacks (please exercise caution if you have any food allergies).
Snorkel Boat Tours- Reservations Required
Wear a bathing suit, bring a towel and reef safe sunscreen – we’ll provide the rest! We have towels and reef-safe sunscreen for purchase in our dive shop if you forget yours!
- 1:30PM Gear fitting and orientation at the shop
- 2:00PM Boat Departs from the dock
- Boat Returns to the dock approximately 4:30PM
- In order to avoid schedule conflicts, we ask that you not book transportation immediately after the tour as return times are not guaranteed.
NOTE: We require a minimum of two (2) participants on our afternoon boat. Culebra Divers reserves the right to cancel the afternoon tour if only one person signs up.
- Each participant must complete a Liability Form
Unable to find a boat snorkel tour time that works with your schedule? Please contact our friends at Bright Paddle for more opportunities to visit our reefs or try their stand-up paddleboards! Tell them Culebra Divers sent you.
1-2 Locations* $65 per Person
*A 1-location snorkel tour typically occurs when our afternoon boat includes divers. Pricing does not include taxes
Maximum of six (6) snorkelers. Our professionally guided boat tour includes:
- All necessary gear (mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit and/or flotation device)
- Souvenir water bottle, water and snacks (please exercise caution if you have any food allergies)
- Outdoor fresh water shower complete with reef safe shampoo
- Bathroom/changing room on site
- Fish ID books, reef safe mask defog on board
- Luis Peña Nature Reserve fee
- 10% off any gift shop purchases as a thank you for touring with us
Kids 6 to 12 years old:
- For safety and liability purposes we require a parent/guardian per child (not including our staff) on board. The parent/guardian will supervise the child at all times both in and out of the water and is required to stay with the child (children cannot be left unattended on the boat or in the water).
Culebra Divers requires that all participants be able to swim comfortably without any assistance to participate in our boat tours.
Flotation devices will of course be available; however, for your safety and enjoyment and that of the crew and other tour participants, we ask that you do not sign up for a boat tour if you are unable to swim.
We are sorry but we do not provide swimming lessons.