Beginner Scuba Lesson
Culebra Divers - Culebra, Puerto Rico
Discover Scuba Diving
Discover Scuba Experience, a.k.a. Discover Dive or The Resort Course – minimum age twelve (12)
- The ability to swim comfortably without assistance (flotation devices).
- Previous ocean snorkeling experience strongly recommended
- The afternoon 1-tank Discover Dive boat tour leaves at 2:00PM (your arrival time 1:15PM)
- Boat Returns to the dock approximately 4:30PM.
- All participants will be required to fill out a COVID-19 Health Declaration
- Review the medical questionnaire here. Any ‘YES’ answers or you aren’t sure? Download this document and take it, with the medical questionnaire, to your doctor before your arrival. Easy!
- We’ll also ask you to fill out the following waiver when you sign up for a Discover Dive
This is not a certification course. Please visit our training page if you want to become a certified diver!
Not certified and always wanted to try scuba diving? No problem. Give us a few hours and you will receive an introduction to scuba diving at our shop followed by one of our Instructors taking you on a shallow dive from our boat on one of Culebra’s beautiful coral reefs. Don’t worry – we move very slow and ease you into the dive! Plus, our groups are always small which means that you get your Instructor’s undivided attention as well as being right there to point out all the cool creatures underwater.
No previous diving experience required, but the ability to swim comfortably without any assistance is mandatory (previous snorkeling experience strongly recommended). Many ask if certain medical conditions disqualify you from diving? There are thankfully only a few so make sure you review the medical document listed in the Paperwork section above. If there is any doubt, we will ask that you get your physician’s approval in advance.