Beginner Scuba Lesson
Culebra Divers - Culebra, Puerto Rico
Discover Scuba Diving
Discover Scuba Experience, a.k.a. Discover Dive or The Resort Course – minimum age twelve (12)
- The ability to swim comfortably without assistance (flotation devices).
- If you can easily swim laps in a pool this could be the adventure for you!
- Previous ocean snorkeling experience strongly recommended
- [Prior to Arrival] Complete online studies
- 1:00PM Gear fitting, orientation, and class time at shop
- 2:00PM Boat Departs from the dock
- Boat Returns to the dock approximately 4:30PM
- In order to avoid schedule conflicts, we ask that you not book transportation immediately after the tour as return times are not guaranteed.
- Before booking: the medical guidance is to wait 12-18 hours after diving before flying which includes the island hopper flights out of Culebra. For that reason we ask that you not book flights immediately after your tour.
Paperwork & Online Course
- After booking your Discover Scuba experience, you will receive a link to the required paperwork and online course.
This is not a certification course. Please visit our training page if you want to become a certified diver!
Not certified and always wanted to try scuba diving? No problem. Give us a few hours and you will receive an introduction to scuba diving at our shop followed by one of our Instructors taking you on a shallow dive from our boat on one of Culebra’s beautiful coral reefs. Don’t worry – we move very slow and ease you into the dive! Plus, our groups are always small which means that you get your Instructor’s undivided attention as well as being right there to point out all the cool creatures underwater.
No previous diving experience required, but the ability to swim comfortably without any assistance is mandatory (previous snorkeling experience strongly recommended). Many ask if certain medical conditions disqualify you from diving? There are thankfully only a few so make sure you review the medical document listed in the Paperwork section above. If there is any doubt, we will ask that you get your physician’s approval in advance.