Culebra Divers - Culebra, Puerto Rico
Daily Tours for Certified Divers
Our boats are comfortable and never crowded (6 divers max) and located directly behind our shop so it couldn’t be easier! YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF CERTIFICATION. We cannot guarantee an internet connection at our shop the day of your tour, so please plan accordingly and be responsible for your certification card. We welcome proof in hard copy or electronic format. Prices do not include sales tax or crew gratuities (Venmo now accepted).
Certified Dive Information
- All necessary gear, tanks, and weights (see included gear list below)
- Souvenir water bottle, water and snacks (please exercise caution if you have any food allergies)
- Outdoor fresh water shower complete with reef safe shampoo
- Rinse tank, hangers, drying rack, and secure storage for any personal gear items
- Bathroom/changing room on site
- Fish ID books, reef safe mask defog on board
- Luis Peña Nature Reserve fee
- 10% off any gift shop purchases as a thank you for touring with us
- FREE underwater photos (Trevor has his camera with him most days)
- See for yourself! Check out our recent dive photos here on Facebook or Instagram
- A maximum of 6 divers on board (our morning tour is dedicated to divers only, our afternoon tour can accommodate divers/snorkelers)
- A Divemaster/Instructor will brief each dive and be your guide
- Sites are reefs, walls, and sometimes wrecks
- Bottom times are rarely under 45 minutes with shallow dives often lasting over an hour if you like
- A “deep” dive here in Culebra is typically 50-80 feet
- A “shallow” dive is in the 30-45 foot range
- Visibility averages 60 feet
- Water temperature range is 81 plus/minus a few degrees
- Boat rides to/between sites are usually under 20 minutes
- Current is generally mild
- Gear is donned in a seated position (we do the heavy lifting)
- Water entry is typically a giant stride, but we’re happy to accommodate sidemount or those wishing to don/doff gear in the water
- Proof of certification
- Bathing suit
- Any personal gear items, towel, etc.
- Please use ocean-friendly sunscreen. We are proud to be an eco-friendly operator, and are asking you to help by not using sunscreens with any of these ingredients: oxybenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene, clear zinc, or parabens. For a complete list, click here. These ingredients have been proven to hurt our reefs. You can learn more by reading this article released by NOAA. Please DO NOT trust a brand just because it claims to be ocean-friendly. Do your part to be an educated consumer, and read the ingredients on your products. We stand proudly behind options like Stream2Sea, who have developed sunscreens that are safe for our ocean. We stock Stream2Sea in our store for your convenience and for the health of our waters. If you are not sure if your sunscreen is safe, please feel free to ask us!
Morning Two-Tank Dive Trip
This is a two-tank boat tour that departs at 9:00AM (your arrival time 8:45AM) and returns to the dock at approximately 1:00PM. The 9:00AM boat is for certified divers only.
Certified Diver $130 per Person
(Includes all necessary gear, water, snacks). Pricing does not include taxes
Scuba Tune-up +$30 per Person
Been out of the water 2 or more years or just feeling rusty? Add on a scuba tune-up! We’ll have you arrive at our shop earlier to start your review. Pricing does not include taxes
- The diver must present proof of certification
- Each participant must complete a Liability Form
- Scuba Tune-Up participants must complete a training waiver
Have your own gear? Great! Feel free to bring as much or as little as you like and we’ll fill in the rest. The price remains the same. Our gear package is included with all of our diving tours free of charge and consists of:
- ScubaPro or AquaLung mask
- ScubaPro 3mm shorty wetsuit
- ScubaPro full foot fins (no boots necessary)
- ScubaPro Buoyancy Compensation Device (BCD) with 5th generation AIR2
- ScubaPro MK2 EVO/R095 Regulator with AquaLung i300 dive computer console
Never used a computer? Let us show you how. More accurately monitor your depth, no-decompression time, ascent rates, and time your safety stops. You can even download your dives to your phone using the FREE DiverLog+ app!
Hopefully you never experience a dive accident, but if you do, your primary medical insurance may exclude scuba diving as a hazardous recreational activity and/or may not provide coverage when you are traveling out of the country. If it does provide coverage, it may pay only a minimal amount for chamber treatments. There are also often large out-of-pocket payments for deductibles and co-pays. These alone can total thousands of dollars. Recognized worldwide, let Divers Alert Network (DAN) provide you with secondary coverage to ensure your peace of mind while diving. Sign up today!
Culebra Divers routinely conducts air quality testing with TRI Air Testing, Inc. As an AIHA accredited laboratory, they provide worldwide compressed air testing for fire service, scuba, OSHA, medical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, food/beverage, industrial companies, and the Government/Military.
We provide quality air fills for our customers. Please bring your C-card and ensure your tanks have a current Hydrostatic Test (every 5 years) and Visual Inspection (annually). We encourage you to drop off your tanks early and allow us 24 hours turnaround time if possible. Please note: we do NOT accept aluminum tanks manufactured prior to 1988.
Air Fills are $10 + tax for a standard 80 cu ft (11.1 liter) tank. We do not supply Nitrox (EANx).