Daily Tours for Certified Divers
Our boats are comfortable and not crowded (6 divers max) and located directly behind our shop so it couldn’t be easier! YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF CERTIFICATION. We cannot guarantee internet connection at our shop the day of your tour, so please plan accordingly and be responsible for your certification card. We welcome proof in hard copy or electronic format. Prices do not include 11.5% PR sales tax or crew gratuities (Venmo now accepted).
What you get:
- All gear, tanks, and weights (see detailed rental gear list below)
- Souvenir water bottle, water and snacks (please exercise caution if you have any food allergies)
- Heated outdoor fresh water shower complete with reef safe shampoo/conditioner
- Rinse tank, hangers, drying rack, and secure storage for any personal gear items
- Bathroom/changing room on site
- Fish ID books, reef safe mask defog on board
- Luis Peña Nature Reserve fee
- 10% off any gift shop purchases as a thank you for touring with us
- FREE underwater photos (Trevor has his camera with him most days)
What to bring:
- Proof of certification
- Bathing suit
- Any personal gear items, towel, etc.
- Please use ocean-friendly sunscreen. We are proud to be an eco-friendly operator, and are asking you to help by not using sunscreens with any of these ingredients: oxybenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene, clear zinc, or parabens. For a complete list, click here. These ingredients have been proven to hurt our reefs. You can learn more by reading this article released by NOAA. Please DO NOT trust a brand just because it claims to be ocean-friendly. Do your part to be an educated consumer, and read the ingredients on your products. We stand proudly behind options like Stream2Sea, who have developed sunscreens that are safe for our ocean. We stock Stream2Sea in our store for your convenience and for the health of our waters. If you are not sure if your sunscreen is safe, please feel free to ask us!
What is the diving like?
- See for yourself! Check out our recent dive photos here on Facebook or Instagram
- A maximum of 6 divers on board (our morning tour is dedicated to divers only, our afternoon tour can accommodate divers/snorkelers)
- A Divemaster/Instructor will brief each dive and be your guide
- Sites are reefs, walls, and sometimes wrecks
- Bottom times are rarely under 45 minutes with shallow dives often lasting over an hour if you like
- A “deep” dive here in Culebra is typically 50-80 feet
- A “shallow” dive is in the 30-45 foot range
- Visibility averages 60 feet
- Water temperature range is 81 plus/minus a few degrees
- Boat rides to/between sites are usually under 20 minutes
- Current is generally mild
- Gear is donned in a seated position (we do the heavy lifting)
- Water entry is typically a giant stride, but we’re happy to accommodate sidemount or those wishing to don/doff gear in the water
Our rental gear package is included with all of our tours and consists of:
- ScubaPro or AquaLung mask
- ScubaPro 3mm shorty wetsuit
- ScubaPro full foot fins (no boots necessary)
- ScubaPro Buoyancy Compensation Device (BCD) with 4th or 5th generation AIR2
- ScubaPro MK2/R295 Regulator with Aqualung’s i300 dive computer console
Never used a computer? Let us show you how. More accurately monitor your depth, no-decompression time, ascent rates, and time your safety stops. You can even download your dives to your phone using the FREE DiverLog+ app!
Dive accidents are no joke. Your primary medical insurance may exclude scuba diving as a hazardous recreational activity and/or may not provide coverage when you are traveling out of the country. If it does provide coverage, it may pay only a minimal amount for chamber treatments. There are also often large out-of-pocket payments for deductibles and co-pays. These alone can total thousands of dollars. Recognized worldwide, let Divers Alert Network (DAN) provide you with secondary coverage to ensure your peace of mind while diving. Sign up today!
Other DAN Offices:
Culebra Divers routinely conducts air quality testing with TRI Air Testing, Inc. As an AIHA accredited laboratory, they provide worldwide compressed air testing for fire service, scuba, OSHA, medical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, food/beverage, industrial companies, and the Government/Military.
We provide quality air fills for our customers. Please ensure your tanks have a current Hydrostatic Test (every 5 years) and Visual Inspection (annually). We encourage you to drop off your tanks early and allow us 24 hours turnaround time if possible. Please note: we do NOT accept aluminum tanks manufactured prior to 1988.
Air Fills are $10 + tax for a standard 80 cu ft (11.1 liter) tank. We do not supply Nitrox (EANx).
Tank Visual Inspections
Culebra Divers staff members are certified in tank Visual Inspection Procedures (VIP) through Cylinder Training Services (CTS). We charge $25 for a visual inspection and request allowing a 24 hour turnaround time if possible.